Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Time Experience

Yesterday night was the eve night of wedding day of one of my colleague. Same as Chinese, Malay also celebrating the eve night of wedding day. Before this, I had experienced and attended many of my Malay friends' wedding day called "Kenduri". But eve night of the wedding day.....this is the first time I went for this type of celebration "party". This is not called "Kenduri" but "Malam Berdinai"(something like that). When I arrived there..I see many food served on the table but no one is taking the food. I'm feeling curious, then I asked one of my Malay friend...then I onli know that the food is only allowed to be eat after they make their pray(Doa). The pray is about one and the half hour. They was a special prayer team do for the pray. They singing and speech in the pray.
After the pray session, is time to eat!! The food is delicious and got many "Kuih" as well. Then we go visit the bride and the bridegroom....If compared with Chinese tradition, the only difference chinese concentrate on EAT and Malay is more on the pray session...Haha...this is what I mean "My First Time Experience"

And try to imagine how you feel there are only one Chinese in the party among all the Malay crowded....

4 comments:

  1. Haha...Sure very Exciting 1..cz all the guy will look at u...HOw come that was an only chinese guy here 1???Haha...but also not bad mah..cz got many delicious to eat....haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...juz like normal...they also look me ordinary...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasi Lemak !! Nasi Goreng !!! Satay !! Curry !!!
    Ketupat !! syok !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Onze...Malay marry not eating Nasi Goreng, Satay, Curry amd Ketupat d...They r eating rendang, achah, masak merah d la..~.~" tat ketupat those things is on Hari Raya d.....

    ReplyDelete